Thursday, March 5, 2015

Last Dietitian Visit

My last pre-op Dietitian visit was yesterday.  She said my weight loss so far was going good.  I asked if it was "good" for insurance approval and she said yes.  I have officially lost 8.something pounds since the last visit.  Roughly two pounds a week, although I know I plateaued for almost two weeks... so really it is close to 4 lbs a week on the weeks I was losing.  I was a little worried for a while there that I would not have shown enough progress.  But I have no worries now.

We discussed what my diet would be like pre-surgery and post surgery.  She went into some detail regarding the changes that would occur on Day One, Day Two, Day Three, Day Ten, Day Seventeen and at Six Weeks.  She kept emphasizing that as my ability to eat different foods increased I would have to make wiser choices to keep my calories lower.  I inquired as to the average calories I would be eating.  She said at first I would be doing good to get about 500 a day, but as time went on my diet should be 700-800 a day.  She said if it reaches 1000 calories a day that is when I will have problems losing any further weight.  But at eating 1/2 cup of food per meal, it should be a problem keeping it under that.  If at some point I progress to 3/4 cup a meal, then I will have to decrease my number of meals from four to three to make sure I stay under 1000 calories a day.

We talked about the different pills I would need to be taking and when to start and stop taking each one.  She said she would see me for a six week post-op appointment just to make sure that everything was going okay food wise after surgery.

She told me that they did not have my psych eval yet.  I told her that the doctor I saw told me she would send it over last week.  She said it was typical for it to take two weeks regardless of what the doctor told me.  She said if the surgeon's office had not called me to schedule my surgery consult by Friday then I should call the Psychologist's office and request it be sent again as the Bariatric's office had not yet received it.  So that is my plan, wait until tomorrow afternoon and then call.

I am going out of town 3/25-4/02, and I have a feeling that the way things are going that is when they will want me to come in for the consult.  So bummer, it will probably have to be pushed farther back.  I have been expecting that, but things have been running so smoothly that I was hoping to be able to get an appointment prior to the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment