Friday, March 18, 2016

Comfort Food

My husband was admitted to the hospital on Tuesday.  He might come home late next week, but we don't know for sure.  In the meantime, I haven't been eating well.  I'm still not eating well.  It has been a long 9 plus months since I've run to food for comfort.  But here we are again.

I think part of the problem, besides for me being stressed, is that I am alone.  When he is gone, that is it, there is just me in this house.  A person to hug and/or sit with would be nice.  I have family twenty-five minutes away, but it is not the same.  I don't even feel like putting in the effort to go see them.  I just want to stay home... but I want someone here with me.  A distraction, a comfort, a friend.

At least tonight and tomorrow I will busy like crazy.  I signed up over a month ago to cook for church this weekend.  Usually the two of handle it well, now I will do it alone.  But I am almost grateful, though I will be a little frazzled getting it all done too.  It will keep me busy and distracted.  If it could also keep me from eating what I will be cooking that would be nice too.

No comments:

Post a Comment