Friday, March 4, 2016

The Best Ever!!!

It strikes me as I search Pinterest for recipes that there are so many recipes of different versions of single thing that are labeled "the best ever" or just "the best."  I know it is subjective.  Each person has their own preferences and hence their own "best" version.  To each their own as they saying goes.

But how can I possibly decide what is "the best" for me.  I almost feel like I could never decide.  I would need to try each recipe and taste test, and even then, somewhere out there, there could be something better.  If I find something I love and stick with it, maybe I will miss out on possibly the best version ever of it because I settled for something I thought was already the best.

This almost sounds like an argument for people who refuse to stay with one person.

I am always trying new recipes, looking for new recipes, dreaming up new recipes, etc.  I have folders on my desktop of recipes separated by type, down the the specifics of say chocolate chip cookie, or snickerdoodles.  And each folder has multiple snickerdoodle cookie recipes I want to try.  And I want to try making them all in one day, so I can try each one and say, okay of these recipes, this one is the best.  That doesn't mean I will stop looking for new recipes though.

I always intend to post recipes on here, and I occasionally do, but I really should more often.  It probably won't be the best ever recipe though, because who am I to decide that?

No comments:

Post a Comment