Sunday, April 5, 2015

Home again

The last two weeks have been extremely busy.  I spent most of it out of town for a family wedding.  The wedding was beautiful, if somewhat chilly.  It was great seeing family I hadn't seen in a while.  My aunt insisted that a year or so after surgery, I come back for a makeover.  One of my cousins is in school right now to be an esthetician.  She did our makeup and hair for the wedding and was fabulous at it.

I was very happy to see that after being out of town for so long and eating out a lot that my weight only went up about one pound.  That being said, my appointment with the surgeon is on Tuesday, only two days away!!  So I am being super strict with what I eat trying to get it off.  I am contemplating doing something tomorrow to ensure I lose some more weight.  But it isn't healthy... taking a laxative.  

I know!  Not even remotely close to any reason why I should take a laxative.  Obviously they are not recommended for weight loss.  I've never used one before for such purposes, but I feel like I am down to the wire and I need to at least lose two pounds by Tuesday to show that I am on track.  I certainly don't want to show a gain, it might jeopardize my chances of getting insurance approval.

Crazily enough, this was recommended by my aunt and her boyfriend.  They said I should do a colon cleanse (like prep before a colonoscopy, not just a cleanse) because the last time he did one he lost 7 pounds.  Now, that might be a little extreme, but I may have to take smaller measures.


No comments:

Post a Comment