Monday, April 20, 2015

Surgery Date is Set!

I got the call this morning that my surgery has been approved.  The date was set for Wednesday, May 27th.  It is all very exciting and nerve-wrecking.  The pre-surgery testing date was set as well as another date for the pre-surgery class.  All in May. 

It is time to step up my exercise game.  Walking has been doing good for me at three times a week.  But I will have to exercise 5 times a week after surgery, so I am going to start increasing now.  Tonight, I am going to take an Ai Chi class at the Y and then I will swim a bit after during free swim.  My ankles and other leg parts have been hurting from walking, so I plan on walking in water from now on, especially if I am going to do it 4-5 times a week.  There is open swim every evening, but not till 8-8:30 at night.  That part is kind of a bummer.

Once I feel comfortable, I want to take their water Latin fitness class, because it sounds fun.  They have some other more high energy classes as well.  Plus, I need to start considering some weight and flexibility training.

Last time I attempted to go to the Y during the day, it was about 10 AM.  The parking lot was packed, as in not a space left.  So I'm not sure when I will be going for the other activities.  But I got to figure it all out now so post-surgery will be smooth.

About a month ago we took a before picture.  We had a family portrait done to give to family on Mother's Day.  But we requested single portraits and face shots so we would have an official before picture.  Everything is coming together now.  At some point, I may get brave enough to post my pictures on here.

5.5 weeks to prepare myself the best I can for surgery!


No comments:

Post a Comment