Monday, November 9, 2015

Feeling Ill

I've been sick since last Tuesday evening.  That is when the sniffles began anyway.  I didn't actually feel ill until Wednesday evening.  Of course, we were supposed to go to a painting class that evening and I pooped out on it.  I am disappointed in that because it was my birthday week the class would have been free for me.  It was going to be a Christmas tree.

It's been getting worse ever since.  Coughing, swollen lymph nodes, green snot, headache, etc.  I coughed so hard while trying to sleep last night that I had a pain in my chest.  It scared me, but didn't repeat, so I am going to pretend it didn't happen.

I've spent almost every day in front of the TV, two nights ago I began sleeping upright in a recliner in the living room.  Laying down causes too much coughing now.  As a result, my bottom has begun to hurt.  I don't know what to do for that.  I can only sit or stand without constantly coughing.

Today started with a pretty good headache.  Since surgery, I can only take Tylenol, no NSAIDS, and it is just not as effective.  For the coughing, Nyquil PM Capsules seem to be helping somewhat.

In any case, I am just feeling pretty miserable and lazy.  The only bright spot is that today my lymph nodes aren't nearly as tender, so hopefully that means this thing will start turning around soon.  No plans for the week until I work Wednesday night, so hopefully I will be feeling a bit better by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment