Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Six Month Post-op Pictures

It's official, I made it to the 6 month mark.  Yesterday, was the last day of my 6 months.  I have lost 106.2 lbs since 1/08/15.  78.3 lbs have been post-op since my gastric bypass surgery on 5/27/15.

Food-wise this means I can eat anything that is low sugar and low fat.  The biggest additions to my food choices include seeds, popcorn, corn, and nuts.   I've never eaten a lot of any of those, except for corn when I was a kid, so really what I eat will not be changing much.

Mentally, I am still beating myself up over how I look, how I am losing so slowly, and how far I have to go.  When I look in the mirror, I still see the same fat person.  I am waiting for the day when I see my reflection in something and don't recognize myself.  Perhaps that day will never come at the rate I'm going.  (See, the negativity never stops)  One mental bright spot, I haven't had a panic attack since last winter.  They would occur when I was feeling very confined.  Usually in the car, since with my large self, plus clothing, the seat belt holding me, and the steering wheel right touching me, I felt like there was no where to go.  I had to pull off the road more than once and just get some air before I could drive on.  In winter, wearing layers, plus a coat, it happened more than once when I was a passenger.

If I don't think about how I look, I know I do feel better physically.  I can do more and do other things like standing for longer without pain.  My back pain only occurs once in a while.  I fit in a booth now!  A once dreaded experience still makes me a little anxious, but now there is relief every time I've tried.  That has been all of two times, but still.  The steering wheel in my car no longer touches my belly when I'm driving.  In fact, there is quite a bit of distance there.  I can fold a leg up under my other leg when I sit in my favorite recliner.  And sadly, I have no boobs.  I think that this was the first thing I noticed in the pictures below.  But I can see other changes, lots of them, with the pictures side by side.  Just wish I could see them when I look in the mirror.

Photos have been "blurred" by paint.net, no other picture editing has been done.



No comments:

Post a Comment