Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Dinner Possibilities

I am attempting to be creative and give us a variety of dinner options that stay within our eating guidelines.  The past five cooked dinners, we've had the following modified lower carb/lower fat meals:

Turkey Taco Salad

Crock Pot Beef Roast and Asparagus

Turkey Burger and Baby Vegetable Medley

Chicken Cacciatore

Rotisserie Chicken with Caesar Side Salad

All meals have turned out well and a couple of them had leftovers to have for lunch over the weekend or dinner for the next night.  Coming up in the next few days, I am planning:

Chef Salad with tuna(instead of ham), turkey, egg, cheese etc.

Thin Crust Pizza

Crock Pot Turkey Chili

I am really looking forward to chili.  I've always loved it.  It is great that is is already a higher protein lower carb option and as long as I use a lean meat (93/7 turkey this time) it is a lower fat option too.  And it is so warm... I love soup/chili in winter.

I have ham I could use in the Chef Salad, but I am trying to incorporate more fish into our diets.  I am generally not a fan unless it is deep fried, but it is healthy and my husband loves it.  We have canned tuna, so that is the route I am taking this week.  Next week, I think I will visit a store and pick up some type of fresh fish to bake or grill.  I think I am going to shoot for having fish once a week.  Up until I go into full liquid mode at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment