Sunday, January 31, 2016

Eating Habits

I have been a zombie for the past two days.  Very little sleep, but lots of trying to sleep!  So much coughing.  I couldn't focus on anything, even watching a movie seemed too difficult.  I just spent a lot of time browsing Pinterest and scrolling through Facebook.  On the bright side, I have a lot of new recipes to try.

I am finally feeling better though I am still coughing.  I wish I was a little better than I am because tomorrow I have a job interview.

I have noticed some changes in my eating this week.  I am not sure yet if it is because I have a cold or if it is because of the change in my diet.  So first, I don't really get hungry.  I eat every 3-4 hours because I am supposed to, but I could easily skip a meal.  That isn't to say I don't have cravings... because oh yes, I do.  They have not been extreme cravings though.  Those cravings where you feel a little crazy in your head and hands shake kind of cravings.  None of those, but if I think on carb-y foods, I just have a longing for them.  I would just be happy with some oatmeal right now... see there I go thinking about it!

The other thing I have noticed, is that I don't seem to be eating as much before I feel full.  Prior to starting this I was eating 3/4 cup of food, which is okay on my food plan.  I heard people talk of other plans where you stick to 1/2 cup and that is it, but my doctor allows us to have 3/4 cup of food starting at 6 months and that is where we are supposed to stay until a year.  For the past two days, my zombie days, I've only been eating 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup before realizing I am full.  Is is because I was feeling like a zombie or is it because of the change in my diet?  Maybe it has something to do with me not being hungry.  Typically, when I am sick there is no change in my eating habits unless I feel nausea which I am not.  So, time will tell.

One more thing to note:  I have been doing outstanding on getting all my liquid in this week.  One day, I only had 8 cups.  Every other day has been 9-11 cups.  Yay me!

No comments:

Post a Comment