Tuesday, July 21, 2015

First Goal Accomplished!

I was so excited yesterday about dropping a clothing size that I completely forgot to say anything else weight loss related.

I have met my first goal!  I reached 306 lbs and am no longer categorized as "Super Obese" per my BMI.  I expected it to take another week at the rate I had been going, so I am doubly happy that it was this week.

For my reward, I bought a bed frame!  Totally not what I expected I would buy.

Our home has three bedrooms.  The master bedroom, the craft room, and what we call "the second bedroom."  It currently has some storage in it, but over the past few months I have gotten it sorted out and some what cleaned out.  This was in the hope that we would actually turn it into a bedroom.  I have been wanting to decorate it.  It is a very small bedroom, but I thought it would be nice to have a place guests or even a couple of nephews could sleep.

So, I bought a daybed frame, I thought that having storage under it would be the most economical use of the space.  It is a very small room (7ft x 10ft) and I have the closet stuffed to the gills already with storage.  The frame should be delivered tomorrow.  It looks like this:

Maybe next, I will buy the mattress.  Then there is the skirt to hide the storage.  It will also need pillows and sheets.  I plan on making the bed spread myself, probably the pillow covers too.  I've asked my husband to build a bookcase for the room which will hold all of our games.  I was thinking about painting the room first, but decided not to waste the money on paint, I can deal with white walls.

I am really excited about the whole thing!!  I will try to post a picture of the room when it is done... though that may be a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment