Sunday, July 12, 2015

Recipe Addiction, plus bonus meal idea that is quick, easy, and delicious

This is a place for me to be honest.  With myself, even if no one else reads it.  So I need to admit something.

I am depressed.  I am not clinically, majorly depressed.  I'm just really struggling with my feelings about slow weight loss.  And I think my hormones are a little wonky, because I am tending to tear up easily.  I really thought I would be off of, or at least have a reduction in, my medications at this point.  That I would have reached my first weight loss goal and down a size in clothing.  So much for any of that.

In the past, I would let chocolate/sugar help me cope.  Obviously not an option for me now.  I find I have been researching and saving recipes that I could one day soon eat.  Some of them I could even eat now.  In the past month and a half, I checked out over 45 cookbooks from the library.  I read every one of them; well, technically not true since I have 4 left, but I will read those too.  They are a variety of WLS, low-carb, paleo, diabetic, sugar-free, freezer cooking book.  The freezer cooking books are because I have been a fan of freezer cooking (a.k.a once a month cooking) for quite a few years.

Think about all the time that took, now add hours on Pinterest and my favorite recipe site Food.com.  I would say it has become a bit of an obsession.  But I guess if it helps me cope, right?  It is not a new thing for me really, just intensified now.  Prior to surgery, or even the idea of surgery, I had (and still have) about 110 cookbooks.  I can't get rid of them despite not being able to use them.  I love them.

I need to post some recipes.  Oh and the next phase: Creamy foods.  And other things as I think of them.  I determined that I will not post any new photos of myself until 3 months post-op.  And it is purely because I want to be able to see a difference.  I have no confidence that losing 22.5 lbs (as of today) would make any great difference in my appearance.  And how many inches can you lose before you start losing weight anyway?  I measure myself in one more week, will there be a big drop like the first month?  Is it possible to lose that many inches and not much weight?  Seriously, if someone could explain where those inches are going and why they aren't taking pounds with them, I would appreciate it.  And poo-poo on the gaining muscle idea because all I am doing is walking.

At the bottom is my food for the day.  I am being pretty successful at reducing my carbs.  And I reduced my sodium too, because the other day I had way too much.  But I slept through a meal today, that kind of made it easy to do well.  I will have to post my Meatball Ricotta Bake recipe.

The supper I had: easy and delicious!  It posts weird in myfitnesspal.  To Simplify it: 2 oz boiled and diced boneless skinless chicken breast, 1/2 oz Sargento reduced-fat colby-jack shredded cheese, 2 Tbs Great Value fat-free ranch dressing.  Mix and Eat.

Your Food Diary For:

 
Sunday, July 12, 2015 

No comments:

Post a Comment