Thursday, July 23, 2015

Review: Sugar-free Popsicles

In our efforts to have a tasty guilt free evening snack, we have tried just about every sugar-free popsicle available in our area.  Here is what we think.

Sundae Shoppe's Sugar Free junior pops sold at Aldi:  They come in 4 flavors:  watermelon, raspberry, cherry and lime.  The raspberry and cherry were edible if you are in a fix for a sweet.  The lime is not very flavorful at all.  Then there is the watermelon.  It is only lightly flavored, but it leaves a nasty after taste in your mouth.  Yuck!  These are our very least favorite.  We are never going to buy them again even if they were the cheapest, which I cannot verify as true.  But since we bought them at Aldi's it is likely.

Calories: 20, Fat: 0 g, Carbs: 5 g, Sugar: 0 g, Protein: 0 g

Kroger's Sugar Free iCE PiX sold at Kroger:  These come in 4 flavors: orange, raspberry, strawberry, strawberry-banana.  The orange is the best.  Definitely my pick over the other flavors.  I felt the raspberry was just okay.  I do not like the strawberry or the strawberry-banana.  My husband liked all the flavors except for the strawberry-banana.  These are a bit softer.  Not that they fall apart, but rather you can pretty much starting biting the pops off without licking them.  If I had my druthers, we won't be buying these again either.

Calories: 30, Fat: 0 g, Carbs: 7 g, Sugar: 0 g, Sugar Alcohol: 3 g, Protein: 0 g

Budget $aver Sugar Free Twin Pops sold at Walmart and Meijer:  These come in 6 flavors: Cherry, Grape, Banana, Blue Raspberry, Orange, and Pina Colada.  The blue raspberry is amazing! Followed by orange, cherry, and grape.  I definitely like these popsicles the best so far.  I don't like banana or Pina Colada, but my husband does and says he likes both flavors a lot as well as all other flavors.  But he rarely gets a blue raspberry.  These are also a softer popsicle and the highest in carb so far.  Go figure.  The package is a clear plastic bag with the following print on the front.

Calories: 30, Fat: 0 g, Carbs: 8 g, Sugar Alcohol: 4 g, Protein: 0 g

The Original Brand Popsicle Sugar Free sold at most grocery stores.  They come in Orange, Cherry, Grape,  Tropical Orange, Caribbean Fruit Punch, Hawaiian Pineapple.  These popsicles are the hardest, least sweet in my opinion.  They are my second favorite brand.  They are probably the healthiest choice of all of these.  I do not like the grape as I think it has a funny, ungrape-like flavor.  I am not a fan of pineapple, but my husband is.  They sell the basic flavors in a separate box from the tropical flavors.


Calories: 15, Fat: 0 g, Carbs: 4 g, Protein: 0 g




3 comments:

  1. See, I happen to like the brand at Aldi's! Different tastes I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, Aldi is the best ice pop, the flavor is just right

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flavor of the Aldi ones WAS the best. It has changed and I would no longer buy it. Just a different taste. First, the no longer included that deep, dark raspberry flavor I loved. Then, later, all the pops tasted of a different formula. No longer any good for me.

    ReplyDelete