Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Slacker

I have been a complete and utter failure at walking for the past... 5 days!  It has been horrible of me.

I took Friday as a day of rest, totally legitimate; I had not had one for 4 days.  I try to get one in every 4-5 days, so it was time.

Saturday, we had plans that included leaving the house very early.  Then, in the later afternoon when I could have walked, I reasoned with myself that it was over 90 degrees out.  And I pretty much didn't think about it again all day.

Sunday, We had another busy morning, but I had some downtime starting in early afternoon.  Again... too hot, didn't want to think about it, then our A/C busted and we focused on trying to keep the house cool via windows and fans.

Monday  I could have walked in the morning.  I just didn't.  I didn't go to any store to walk, although I did venture out to stores.

Tuesday, I told myself that I had to be home for when the a/c people arrived.  So I stayed home in the house the entire time.

Which brings me to today.  Today, I walked and rocked it by being over 2000 steps above goal.  Thank goodness!  I have to get back into the swing of things.  I admit that it was nice resting so much.  At the same time though, I miss the walking.  I can tell in my legs too.  Plus, I worry that my back will start to hurt if I slack off any longer.  So while I am not fond of exercise, I do want to do it.  Hopefully one day I will like it.  Perhaps even become addicted to it.  That would be nice for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment