Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Bari Life Products Review

So do you remember the packets of samples I got from my sister's friend, Carrie?  Well, eight of them were samples of Bari Life products with some duplicates.  There were a total of six different samples.  Most of which I ate, one of which my husband ate.  This is my review of these products.

Chicken Bouillon Protein Soup:  Essentially chicken broth.  Microwave instructions were to mix contents of packet with 6-8 oz of water until smooth.  Microwave for 60 seconds.  It takes quite a bit of mixing and lump smashing to get it smooth.  60 seconds gets it warm enough, but I have a measly 700 watt microwave.  I imagine if you have a more powerful microwave it would have been a bit warmer.  It tasted like seasoned chicken broth.  I had no problems eating it all.  For 15 grams of protein, it's not bad.  But, I feel like I could add some unflavored protein powder to the chicken broth I like and have the same effect for less money.

Beef Bouillon Protein Soup:  This was by far the best of the products I tried.  It had a rich beefy flavor.  It was made the same way the Chicken Soup, but I microwaved it for 30 seconds more.

Cream of Tomato Protein Soup:  This is the only packet my husband ate as I do not like tomato soup.  So this is his opinion.  He said it was lumpy after he made it.  He said it was tomato-y and garlic-y, but that was about it.  It didn't actually remind him of tomato soup.  And it was much thinner than tomato soup.

Double Chocolate Pudding:  First, I could not find this exact product on the BariLife.com website.  All of their puddings are called Pudding/Shake, whereas this packet was clearly just marked as pudding.  Also, the chocolate sold on the website is called Swiss Chocolate, and this was called Double Chocolate.  I do not know if what I ate was discontinued, or if name and packaging were simply reworked.  That being said, I didn't like this.  You mix the packet with 4 ounces of cold water while stirring rapidly.  At first, it was a powdery mess, but then almost instantly it turned smooth and started to thicken.  So kudos for that.  The first bite was mmm chocolate.  But I noticed the more I ate, the more bitter it seems to me to the point where I was barely tasting chocolate at all.  I couldn't finish it.

Vanilla Pudding/Shake:  I was able to eat all of this, but I would not eat it again.  Like the chocolate, you simply mix this with 4 oz of cold water to have pudding.  To make a shake, mix with 8 oz cold water.  Since I have plenty of shakes already, I choose to make pudding.  The pudding was significantly thinner than the chocolate pudding.  It almost was the consistency of cake mix.  The first few bites actually reminded me of cake mix too.  But once my tongue was coated, the following bites were bland.

Hot Chocolate:  This was surprisingly good.  I admit I went in pretty leery due to my bad experience with the chocolate pudding.  First sip was hot chocolaty, and as I continued it stayed that way.  It tasted just like hot chocolate.  I don't think I will buy any though, I am not a huge fan of hot chocolate.  it is just something nice to have once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment