Monday, June 1, 2015

Where is my ray of sunshine?

Well, it's Monday again, good ole weigh-in day.  I'm disappointed.  I weigh 333.1 lbs.  I haven't lost anything.  I expected something, a pound, maybe two, but nothing major and certainly more than zero.  Support Group is tonight.  At last month's Support Group meeting, there was a man who was five days out, just like me now, who had already lost ten pounds.  Granted, he is a man and they lose faster, but that was why I was going to be happy with a 1-2 lb loss.  Now, I fear I will fail at weight loss even with surgery.

Last night was my first night sleeping all the way through the night and actually in my bed.  It was great to get some good sleep.  I even woke up on my stomach at one point, which I didn't think I'd be able to do for a while yet.  Of course, now my lower back hurts like it always does when I spend more than 3-4 hours in the bed.  It was kind of nice going six days without back pain.

Most, but not all, of my six incisions have been stinging the past couple of days.  None look infected, so not sure what that is about.  I thought you were supposed to itch as you healed, not sting.  A couple of them have some pretty good bruising around them.  But there are the 3 bruises from where I had the blood thinner shots.  Those were to prevent blood clots while I was in the hospital.  Here is a picture.

Incisions and bruises

I feel like this was a very negative post.  I wish I had some good news or something nice to say besides that I slept all night.  I think I might be a little depressed, but I have to keep on a happy face for my husband who has surgery in two weeks.  I don't want to scare him off.  I know he'll do great, that's what guys do.



No comments:

Post a Comment