Thursday, June 25, 2015

Full Liquid Recipes! Part One

As promised, way back on 6/12 sorry, here are the Full Liquid Stage recipes I was provided with and my thoughts on them.

Protein Power Chocolate Milk - Serves 1
1/2 cup skim milk
1 packet of Swiss Miss Diet Hot Cocoa mix
1 scoop Beneprotein unflavored protein powder
4 ice cubes

Put all ingredients into blender.  Blend on high for 45 seconds.  Nutritional info: Calories: 95, Protein: 12 g

The first time I made this, I followed the recipe to a T.  It was okay.  Not enough ice to make it a true blended drink.  But also, it was frothy, so by letting it sit to defroth, most of the little ice bits were melted when I drank it.

Next time I made it, and I still do make it occasionally, I made the following changes.

1 cup Fat Free Fair Life Milk instead of 1/2 cup generic skim. (80 cal, 13 protein vs 45 cal, 4 protein)
No Ice.

This brings the Nutritional info up to: 130 Calories, 21 g Protein.  I find that it tastes richer, and has almost as much protein as a store bought protein shake powder but still tastes like hot chocolate.


Protein Power Crystal Light - Serves 1
1/2 cup Crystal Light (powder mixed with water)
1 scoop Beneprotein unflavored protein powder
2 Tbsp Cool Whip Free
4 ice cubes

Put all ingredients into blender.  Blend on high 45 seconds.  Nutritional info: Calories: 50, Protein: 6 g

I only made this once.  It was okay, but I didn't like it enough to make it again.  I had used Sunrise Orange made by Great Value.  The flavor was very weak.  I would rather just use half a packet of the Sunrise Orange and blend it right in my vanilla protein shakes.  It is like a creamsicle that way.


Peach Creamsicle Shake - Serves 1
6 ounces of Crystal Light Peach Tea
2 Tbsp Sugar-free instant vanilla pudding powder
1 scoop Vanilla protein powder
6 pkts Splenda
Ice Cubes

Thoroughly mix the ingredients in a blender.  Make sure to consume the shake over one hour.  Nutritional info will vary based upon what brand of protein powder you use.

I only made this once, and with changes.  I do not like peach anything... well except candles and lotion.  But I really don't like the taste.  So I substituted in Orange Sunrise.  I left out the Splenda as the Orange Sunrise has more sweetness to it than a peach tea would.  The taste was just alright.  Again, I would rather just add half of a single serve packet of the Orange Sunrise directly to my vanilla protein shake than to make it this way.

But, to have a little variety in my life, I do occasionally add 1 Tbsp of sugar-free pudding mix to my shakes when I make them.  I've added vanilla and butterscotch to my vanilla shakes and chocolate to my chocolate.  It makes the shake thicker and gives it a bit of a pudding flavor.  Which can be nice if you are getting tired of the same old shakes day in and day out.  I have a box of sugar-free cheesecake pudding that I want to try still.  I'm undecided if I should try chocolate cheesecake or vanilla cheesecake first.  Both have potential.

Two more recipes to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment