Monday, June 22, 2015

Measurements

I updated the Progress Log as per my usual Monday routine.  It has been a month since I took measurements, so I went ahead and took those too.

They seem to indicate that I have been losing inches, except my arms.  Batwings, here I come!  But... can my measuring be trusted?  I seriously never know if I am measuring in the same place twice.  It must be nice for people who have a defined shape.  As for me, it is just all lumpy.    I am pretty sure I measure my hips and arms in the same place.  My hips definitely stand out as the widest part of my lower torso.  My bust though, as I lose weight, they will sag more and more.  So, do I continue to measure the fullest part, which may inch its way down my torso, or do I measure at the same place across my chest?  I'm not sure about the protocol for this.  That is one of the reason's I've never been that enthused about taking and tracking my measurements.

I know there will be time when my weight loss stalls and after a few weeks on a plateau, I may want to check my measurements to see if there is any change there.  Hence, why I took them in the first place.  I'm not good at this though.  I feel like I want to be excited by a 2 inch loss.  Then, I think I am just deluding myself and there is no way I measured correctly.  Maybe not the first time, maybe not this time, or both.

I know I can use my clothing as a reference.  I wore a shirt yesterday that two months prior I felt was too tight.  Was it two inches too tight?  I don't know, how do you tell that?  I can easily zip my size 36 jeans now, no sucking in at all.  They are not falling off me yet though.  I am not going to spend money to try a size 34 since I still have to order my clothes online at this point.  I do have a couple size 32 jeans in my closest that I bought a couple years ago optimistically.  I cannot zip those yet even when performing acrobatics.  So maybe I am at a tight 34?  Possibly.  I think I do see a slight difference in my face.  And my Mom tells me she can see a difference.  But would she tell me if she couldn't...

In any case, I will continue to take measurements, hoping that I am measuring close to the same place each time.

No comments:

Post a Comment