Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Keep On Keeping On

Things are going well.  I haven't had too much to say, simple because not too much has changed.  I have been consistently walking 1.5 miles a day since this past Sunday.  The last two mornings I even took our dog with me.  I have been better at doing my daily stretches and band exercises, but I did miss Monday.  My bathroom habits have remained regular without any over the counter assistance.  My food intake is the same although I have increased my protein as I am supposed to do.  I haven't noticed any changes in my body with regards to being small or losing hair.  I am losing at a steady pace of 0.5 - 1.0 lbs a day.

Mentally, I am in a better place than I was last week.  I am not being so hard on myself.  I still want foods I can't have.  But it is all in my mind.  I don't have any physical cravings as I have now been without any high carb/high fat/sugary food for four weeks now.  I am actually tired of all the sweet food.  Protein shakes, pudding, gelatin, popsicles, etc... almost everything I can eat at this point is sweet.  I look forward to the day that I can have meat again.

It is going to be busy here for the next week or so.  Tomorrow, my Mom is having surgery to have a hernia repaired.  I have an order to make a graduation cake for this Saturday.  First cake, since surgery, eek!  Monday, my husband is having his gastric bypass and gall bladder removal done.  So, I will have a lot on my mind and a lot to do.

One thing, that I have noticed, is I am having less back pain.  That is a major plus for me.  There is still some pain, maybe there always will be.  But a month ago, I wouldn't have been having a morning walk.  It would have been a late afternoon walk, maybe.  It took that much of the day for me to loosen up enough to walk more than 10-20 steps before having to sit down.  Look at me now!  A mile and a half at 7:30 in the morning!  Five days ago, I was doing my walking mid-day.  Ten days ago, it was in the afternoon.  Prior to surgery, as I said, late afternoon.  I am quite please with this.  I don't attribute it to the little weight I have lost so far though.  It is only 15 pounds difference since 05/10/15 and now.  I think it is mainly due to the stretching, band exercises, and walking.    So I've got to keep it up!

My knee and hip pain is almost gone.  I am still having ankle pain and Achilles tendon pain.  I ice for 20 minutes per ankle after I walk everyday.  It helps.  If I forget, I find myself hobbling around the house.  I am really looking forward to getting back in the water.  I'm just going to keep on keeping on at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment